The content below provide answers to frequently asked questions about:
. General alterations;
. Curtain alterations and making;
. Wedding dress alterations.
For guide price please click here. We currently have 2 studios, one in Baldock and one in Biggleswade. Please click link to find out opening hours and locations for each studio.
You can trust Kim and her team of professional seamstresses with their experience. Kim was trained as a fashion designer. Kim’s firm understanding of fit and shape has led her to open her own alterations studios.
Our services include:
- Bridal and wedding dress alterations
- Dress alterations
- Jumpsuit alterations
- Suit alterations
- Trousers alterations
- Jeans alterations & patching
- Leather alterations
- Curtain alterations & making
- Zip repair/ zip replacement
- Buttonhole making
We like a challenge and won’t turn down a request that is doable. As stated in our business name, we do any alterations for you. We’ve repaired unusual items like bags, boots… If you have a question about special requests or customization of something you need done, and do not see it listed, please call Kim on +44 (0) 7521 425784 or emaiil to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss it.
Our customers have written lovely reviews on Google and Facebook. To read reviews, click on these links:
Any Alterations Baldock
Any Alterations Biggleswade
The pick up dates would be based upon the amount of work required for the alteration. 3 days is our usual turnaround time for most alterations and 2 weeks for wedding dress alterations.
Yes, we can offer a next day service on some orders, free of charge.
We’d like to measure customer garments in our fitting room within our studio so that we can ensure that all garments have a perfect fit.
We can only accept cash at the moment.
We have a guide price that you can see here. However, every garment is different, every manufacturer is different, and pricing depends on what we are doing to the garments.
We are fair in our pricing, and can give you an exact estimate once we fit you.
- Machine shortened: £9.00/ metre
- Machine shortend with lining: £11.00/ metre
- Hand sewn finish shortend: £11.50/ metre
- Hand sewn finish shortend with lining: £13.50/ metre
Yes, we can. Please provide us with your lining materials.
Yes, we do. We make net curtains, pencil pleat curtains (single, lined or interlined).
First fitting should be scheduled 10-8 weeks prior to your wedding day. Most brides require 2 fittings, on occasion 3 if there are many customized changes. This means you can pick up your dress 6-4 weeks before the big day.
The right lingerie can change everything. In order to ensure the perfect fit, please bring the bra, slip, shapewear, and most importantly – the shoes you plan to wear with your dress.
Wedding dress alterations usually requires 2 fittings. First fitting usually takes 60 minutes. Second, sometimes, third fittings usually take 30 minutes. Depending on your timeline and availability, each fitting will normally be scheduled 2 weeks apart.
4 weeks in advance. Most bridesmaid/ mother of bride/ flower girl dress alterations require 1 fitting, on occasion 2 if there are many customized changes. Please allow at least 30 minutes for each fitting.
Along with adjusting the length and fit, we can make your gown one of a kind with :
- Straps & sleeves: our bridal seamstresses can add thin or thick straps, cap sleeves, short sleeves, or long sleeves to any strapless wedding dress.
- Coset backs: if your dress zips in back, we can transform it with a glamorous lace-up corset back (which gives you extra breathing room too) or a delicate button-up closure.
- Bustle: a long, flowing train looks beautiful as you walk down the aisle. But what happens at the reception, when you want to dance? Bustle it! We’ll create a custom bustle to complement your gown.
- Neckline: Would you like turn your dress into an illusion neckline wedding dresses for more coverage? In love with sweet heart neckline? Any Alterations team of bridal seamstress will find the best ways to make your dream dress come true.
You might also want to read: